Nowadays, there is a high demand for high-quality electronic products that improve people’s lives and bring various industries to a higher level. So, creating your own product can be a great idea for your business, says BusinessNewsDaily. How to make it a success? Let’s delve into main points at building a new electronic product from idea to production.
Before starting your product development and writing specifications, you should consider five significant points:
- Countries that you plan to sell your product in;
- Industry that your product is intended to be used in;
- Functionality of your product;
- The final cost of your product;
- The budget you plan to spend for the development (see here).
All these details will help you choose appropriate components, the right team of developers, reduce costs on the development as well as time for launching a product, and create a product that will bring great value to your business.
Now you are ready for the next steps in bringing your electronic product to life. Here are the main stages in this process:
- The development of concept. The first step you should take is to define who will be the end-users, what functions your device should perform for them, and what working conditions your device should be able to function.
This stage also includes research, validation, and defining a cost-efficient way of designing an electronic product. it is necessary to do market research for your product, designing specifications, defining the development costs, choosing the right components, and creating a Bill of Materials.
- Market and industry. These two global things also influence your business and the product development process. You should know your market well and research the industry where your product will be used. This is a basis for the successful completion of the certification of your product. For example, if you have already decided on the countries and market you can choose pre-certified components.
- Proof of Concept. So, now you know what your device will do and where it will be used and this is the time for visualizing your idea and proving that your product is viable.
For that, it is necessary to assess weak places in technical design and check if you have chosen the right components and platform for your product. If everything is okay and functional, you can move to the designing stages.
- The PCB cost and reliable supplier. Components cost depends on your business plans and your requirement for the final cost of your product. The cheaper components you use, the lower your product will be in cost. The right supplier can help you choose the components that will make your PCB fully functional and your product cost-efficient. Besides, it’s better to focus on suppliers that use efficient Bill of Materials tools, customer services, and have a well-organized shipment process.
- The electronics design. It is dedicated to building Schematics, PCB design and layout, PCB fabrication, and testing.
Here, you design connectivity between components taking into account the number of PCB layers and the dimensions of components. Besides, it is necessary to ensure that the electronics fit the enclosure.
- Product certification. This step is an obligatory one if you want to take your solution to market. You can ensure successful certification of tour product by preparing for it carefully.
For example, you can use pre-certified components and have your product developed according to the certification requirements.
However, it is better to start certification procedures when your product is finalized. There are different types of certifications, and you should choose those that are necessary for your market and the countries where you are going to sell your product.